How the Blog was Born

Hi, my name is Geri and I'm a reformed Gluten Eater. I've been Gluten Free for over 4 years now, and I'm hanging on! In fact I'm such a Gluten Free fanatic that I'm sure I irritate my friends with all my "this is why gluten is bad for you" talk! But I have had a few friends want to jump on the wagon with me, so this is for them. I decided it might be easier to have my recipes in a place where they could get them instead of waiting for me to email them!! And it gives me a venue to talk all I want about the evils of gluten, and traditional medicine, and artificial sweeteners and so on and I will never know if you tune me out!! So that is How the Blog was Born. Whether it dies or not...we shall see....well I don't think you can kill one of these things, so I guess it's here to stay. If you want some ideas and recipes on how to eat Gluten Free, and how to keep your kids and yourself out of the doctors office then feel free to join me!! And if you have things to share, please comment and I'll add it on!!





Enjoy the Journey!!


Friday, March 23, 2012

GF German Pancakes

GF German Pancakes

Preheat oven to 425

1 Cup Featherlight mix
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1/4 C sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 C milk
4 eggs beaten
Mix dry ingredients together.  Mix eggs and milk together then pour over your dry ingredients and mix well.
Put 2 Tbls of butter in a 9x13 pan and put in the oven for about 2 minutes until it is melted.  Tilt the pan to cover the bottom with butter then pour in your ingredients and bake for about 18-20 min.  The top that puffs up high might get a little burnt but it needs to cook all the way through!  Remember, for some reason, cooking with gluten free flours takes a little longer than regular flour.

Serve with butter and syrup!  (I don't add either.  I think it is yummy just plain!)

OPTIONS:  you can top this with cinnamon and pecans.  You could also add diced peaches. 

No comments:

Post a Comment