How the Blog was Born

Hi, my name is Geri and I'm a reformed Gluten Eater. I've been Gluten Free for over 4 years now, and I'm hanging on! In fact I'm such a Gluten Free fanatic that I'm sure I irritate my friends with all my "this is why gluten is bad for you" talk! But I have had a few friends want to jump on the wagon with me, so this is for them. I decided it might be easier to have my recipes in a place where they could get them instead of waiting for me to email them!! And it gives me a venue to talk all I want about the evils of gluten, and traditional medicine, and artificial sweeteners and so on and I will never know if you tune me out!! So that is How the Blog was Born. Whether it dies or not...we shall see....well I don't think you can kill one of these things, so I guess it's here to stay. If you want some ideas and recipes on how to eat Gluten Free, and how to keep your kids and yourself out of the doctors office then feel free to join me!! And if you have things to share, please comment and I'll add it on!!





Enjoy the Journey!!


Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Bars and Cream Cheese Frosting

Tis the season for PUMPKINS!!   So for our school co-op we tried my old Pumpin Bar Recipe and made it Gluten Free!  Results?  Scrumptious!!  So I'm sharing.  Here Goes!

GF PUMKIN BARS
4 eggs
1/2 C oil
1/2 C applesauce
2 C sugar
2 C mashed, cooked pumpkin, or 1 small can pumpkin
Stir Together - don't mix with a mixer, just a wooden spoon and muscle
Mix dry ing in seperate bowl:

2 C gf flour mix (I use 1/2 brown rice mixture and 1/2 asian rice flour mixture - you can experiment with what you like best.  Next time I might try featherlight mix and brown rf mix) 
1 1/2 t xanthan gum
1/2  t salt
2 t cinnamon
1 t soda
1 t bk powder

Mix all ingredients together well.  Bake in greased jelly roll pan @ 350 for 30 min.
Top cooled cake with Cream Cheese Frosting and sprinkle nuts on the top if you like.  MMMMMMMmmmmmmmm.....

CREAM CHEESE FROSTING

3 Oz Cream Cheese - softened
2 T Butter
1 1/2 C Pd Sugar
2 t vanilla
1 t milk
Mix in a mixer until smooth 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Geri! Those were amazing! This recipe is definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete