How the Blog was Born

Hi, my name is Geri and I'm a reformed Gluten Eater. I've been Gluten Free for over 4 years now, and I'm hanging on! In fact I'm such a Gluten Free fanatic that I'm sure I irritate my friends with all my "this is why gluten is bad for you" talk! But I have had a few friends want to jump on the wagon with me, so this is for them. I decided it might be easier to have my recipes in a place where they could get them instead of waiting for me to email them!! And it gives me a venue to talk all I want about the evils of gluten, and traditional medicine, and artificial sweeteners and so on and I will never know if you tune me out!! So that is How the Blog was Born. Whether it dies or not...we shall see....well I don't think you can kill one of these things, so I guess it's here to stay. If you want some ideas and recipes on how to eat Gluten Free, and how to keep your kids and yourself out of the doctors office then feel free to join me!! And if you have things to share, please comment and I'll add it on!!





Enjoy the Journey!!


Sunday, June 6, 2010

Chocolate Bundt Cake and Frosting

Okay, this is a chocolate cake, plain and simple, but my favorite way to bake it is as a bundt cake!! It's so pretty!!  But anyway you bake it, it is delicious!!!  Friends love it and always say, "Wow!  This is gluten free?"  I love those 4 words! 

Chocolate Cake
2 eggs  - put in mixer and start mixing eggs while you get the sour cream ready, then add:
1 C sour cream
1/2 C oil
2 tsp vanilla
Mix this well, for about a minute then add dry ing.
2 C GF flour mix (using the Asian white flour)
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
2 C sugar
3/4 c. cocoa
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
Mix well, scraping the side and bottom of bowl for about a minute.
Then add 1/2 C boiling water slowly while it is mixing.  Mix for one more minute. 
Spray your bundt pan (or whatever pan you want) well and add the mix and bake!
350 degrees
Bundt pan - 50 minutes
9x13 - 35-40

When it's done I flip it over and let it cool about 15-20 min (sometimes we can't wait that long!!)
Here is the frosting recipe.  I like to make it thin and pour it on.  If you want it thicker just add more powdered sugar.

Chocolate Frosting
2 Tbls butter - melt in small saucepan over med heat.   When melted add:
1/4 c granulated sugar - stir (I use a wisk) for about 30 seconds so the sugar melts. Take off the heat.  Add:
2 Tbls cocoa and mix well.  Then add:
2 Tbls milk and mix.  Then add:
1/4 powdered sugar and wisk really well until all the lumps are gone. 
Pour over your cake and sprinkle with a little powdered sugar if you like!!  or sprinkles are fun too!!  In fact if you want you can just sprinkle the powdered sugar and not add frosting!
Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment