How the Blog was Born

Hi, my name is Geri and I'm a reformed Gluten Eater. I've been Gluten Free for over 4 years now, and I'm hanging on! In fact I'm such a Gluten Free fanatic that I'm sure I irritate my friends with all my "this is why gluten is bad for you" talk! But I have had a few friends want to jump on the wagon with me, so this is for them. I decided it might be easier to have my recipes in a place where they could get them instead of waiting for me to email them!! And it gives me a venue to talk all I want about the evils of gluten, and traditional medicine, and artificial sweeteners and so on and I will never know if you tune me out!! So that is How the Blog was Born. Whether it dies or not...we shall see....well I don't think you can kill one of these things, so I guess it's here to stay. If you want some ideas and recipes on how to eat Gluten Free, and how to keep your kids and yourself out of the doctors office then feel free to join me!! And if you have things to share, please comment and I'll add it on!!





Enjoy the Journey!!


Sunday, July 11, 2010

A Time to Heal

I believe that the first step to true happiness in this life is Healing.  Healing our bodies, our minds, and our Hearts.  Most of us know where we need to heal, but often don't know how or where to start.  I think that's why God gave us each other.  I know I wouldn't be here today without the special people in my life that have directed my path. 

I believe that first and foremost we must heal our hearts spiritually.  Maybe that means we need to forgive someone, or let go of something we've been carrying for a long time.  Maybe we need to draw closer to our Savior through prayer and scripture study.  Maybe we need to get outside of ourselves and serve.  Or maybe we need to learn to love ourselves for who we are and find more gratitude to God for the gifts He has given us. 

The Second step in healing is helping our mental self.  Eating right is not only physical but has mental benefits.
The third step is physical.  Exercise, eating healthy, and using the things that God has given us on the earth to heal our bodies and our minds.  What a blessing it is to have Health.

No comments:

Post a Comment