How the Blog was Born

Hi, my name is Geri and I'm a reformed Gluten Eater. I've been Gluten Free for over 4 years now, and I'm hanging on! In fact I'm such a Gluten Free fanatic that I'm sure I irritate my friends with all my "this is why gluten is bad for you" talk! But I have had a few friends want to jump on the wagon with me, so this is for them. I decided it might be easier to have my recipes in a place where they could get them instead of waiting for me to email them!! And it gives me a venue to talk all I want about the evils of gluten, and traditional medicine, and artificial sweeteners and so on and I will never know if you tune me out!! So that is How the Blog was Born. Whether it dies or not...we shall see....well I don't think you can kill one of these things, so I guess it's here to stay. If you want some ideas and recipes on how to eat Gluten Free, and how to keep your kids and yourself out of the doctors office then feel free to join me!! And if you have things to share, please comment and I'll add it on!!





Enjoy the Journey!!


Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cinnamon Pull Aparts

Since Gluten Free Bread is not like Bread Bread you can't make cinnamon rolls the traditional way.  It is more the consistency of banana bread.  So what I do is I use a bundt pan and spray it really well.  Make a batch of GF white bread.  Take your brown sugar, cinnamon, a package of dry butterscotch pudding and hard butter  and cut the butter into it like you would a pie crust.  (amounts vary so just play with it. I use about 1/4 C of butter)   Put some sugar mixture into the bottom of the bundt pan and then add small drops (like with a spoon) of dough.  Each layer add sugar mixture.  Keep dropping till it's 1/2 filled.  Add the remaining mixture to the top then let it raise in a warm oven for 25 min and bake for about 40-45 min.  You just have to watch it.  Just make sure you have enough sugar mixture to cover all the dough.  
Tip them over onto a round plate that is larger than your pan so the gooey stuff can have a place to go!  Be brave!  Wing it!  See what happens!!

No comments:

Post a Comment